After couple of release candidate versions Ande just announced on Turbo Sliders -forum that Turbo Sliders 2.0.0 is now officially released. You can download the game from these links:
The most important change in 2.0.0-version is removing the track restrictions from the demo version. So now demo players can taste the full sweetness of different tracks. The game isn't freeware like it used to be on the 0.86b -days but opening the game for demo-players is great.
Other newsworthy enhancement is the new game engine with OpenGL support and smooth FPS. And of course there are lots of added features for track makers and game servers.
Turbo Sliders 2.0.0 is still the same game as 1.0.8 and now even better. Try it out!
The changes list contains the following issues:
- Track restrictions removed from the demo version
- Game engine improvements: smoother network game and more accurate lap times
- Added OpenGL and smooth FPS support
- New track record format and directory, old players and records not valid any more. Old player data can be imported but a new id is generated.
- Support for total conversion mods (read README-totalmod.txt)
- New server script options (/source and /cmd, read README-autoserver.txt)
- Track loading always done using a fixed scale. No need to test tracks with different resolutions any more. To disable this feature, set UseFixedLoadScale to 0 in sliders.ini (not recommended).
- Start positions can be freely adjusted
- You can make Single Lap Tracks meaning the last control line specifies the finish line and only one lap is driven
- New view modes in editor: Terrains and Full View
- Random start mode added, added command /startmode [0|1]
- Added /startpos that can be used to force player start positions
- Added command /demoplayersallowed [0|1]
- A track can be selected multiple times in tracks menu by holding Shift.
- It is possible to kick spectators by IP and define how many spectators are allowed with /spectatorsAllowed, /who also lists spectators
- Fixed sticky Alt after Alt+Tab
- Tracks can have gravity (to enable for example space ship races or battles)
- Automatic support for more resolutions, including widescreen ones
- Cars of disconnected players are stopped
- Added command line parameter -capture which saves the first n seconds of recordings as bmp files in directory capture
- Command /continue always restarts the server in Cup End mode
- Fixed editor sometimes showing a new tile in a slightly inaccurate position
- Updated libraries, using DirectDraw is now optional and not default